Support / FAQs
- Are Biotix tips autoclavable?
All of our products are certified to be free of detectable RNase, DNase, Nucleic Acids, Endotoxins and PCR inhibitors. If an additional level of purity is required we recommend purchasing our pre-sterile product.If your procedures require autoclaving please use the following recommended settings:
1. Set Autoclave for 121 degrees centigrade, 15 psi (1 atm) for 15 minutes
2. Do not use a dry cycle as this may distort the tips
3. Remove product from autoclave after it has cooled and store at ambient temperature
- What is the shelf life of Biotix products?
The shelf life of Biotix products is 5 years from the date of manufacture. This expiration date is found on the master shipper label on the outside of the box. It is represented by an hour glass.
- What is “Pre-Sterile”?
Biotix “Pre-Sterile” tips undergo electron beam radiation post manufacturing. Electron beam radiation is the bombardment of high energy electrons causing a cascade through the target material (in our case tips and tubes). These loose electrons break up DNA preventing replication or expression sterilizing the product.
- Where do we ship from?
We ship from San Diego California. Please refer to the UPS website which gives estimated shipping times from our facility
- Where are Biotix products manufactured?
Biotix Manufactures our products in Mexico in an ISO9001 certified manufacturing facility.
- How can I request a Certificate of Analysis or Specification Sheet?
You can find all of the Biotix Certificate of Analysis’s here. If you are looking for a Neptune Certificate of Analysis, you can find them on the Neptune Scientific Website.Looking for a Product Specification Sheet? You can find each specification sheet for every product on their respected product page and clicking on that particular product number
Browse Products Now